Wednesday, February 8, 2017

As imperfect as that may be...

I am not perfect. There I said it, shocker right??? Just kidding, but in reality no one is. I think it would be terribly exhausting to even try to be perfect all the time. I don't wake up every morning and stress about how I look, nor do I care. I don't pretend to have it all together, because I don't. Yes sometimes I amaze myself when I get on a roll but that does not mean I don't make mistakes.  You can make yourself look perfect on paper, or on the book face for that matter, but you are not. Not saying we don't try to be perfect in our own ways but we just were just not made to be perfect. Perfect looks does not mean you are a great person, being a great person does not mean you have it all together. Perfection is just not feasible.
With all that being said we really should not expect perfection from each other. We should not judge each other for our looks, or for our mistakes, we should embrace them and lift them up and be a support system. I say should because more often than not we don't. We tear each other down and add to the stress of others already stressful lives and we hang each other out to dry. I am guilty as charged. Why? Because I am not perfect.
I can sit here and tell you all the things we should do, all the things I should do, but executing them is the hard part. All I can really do is say I will try harder... but if I fail I wont beat myself up... After all... I am only human as imperfect as that may be...

No comments:

Post a Comment